PAST TENSE

I started as a trickle,
Nothing about me fickle
Down a pristine glacier I flow;
Merry, bright and all glow.

Twisting and tumbling over pebbles
With foam, froth and spherical bubbles
I swirl and surge day and night
Through dawn, dusk and even twilight.

What is this? A new terrain?
Through my shallows flow a drain.
I am being pelted with waste and garbage
Cans, cartons and even a rotten cabbage.

I slow my spirit, cautious and wary,
Feeling like a pitiful quarry.
'Is this what I was born for?' I wonder
"To be harassed at every meander?'

I merge with the sprawling ocean
which looks nothing like a calming salvation.
Through a sudden epiphany I realised my friends,
That my happiness was long gone and is now past tense.



by Bhairavi Venkatesan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OSTENTATIOUS OLYMPICS

Kerala: The Cradle of Christianity in South Asia

New Dimension to Adventure Tourism in Kashmir